Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Researching Researches

Has anyone ever wondered why the government spends on researches as obvious as "smoking can cause death" or "cars that won't start when you're drunk will reduce drink driving". Yes...you have read that right, these researches were given grants. There was actually money spent and people who apparently spent a good deal of time in universities not only completing their degrees but doing their PHDs working on this. Now I may not be a PHD but then I could really give them my two cents on these researches. I should probably start applying for grants for these kinds of researches too, I wonder what topic I should choose though. I have a few ideas, something like, "walking too much might be healthy but it will cause an ache in your foot" or "if we watch too much TV we might be just wasting time". If those ones could get a grant, I am pretty sure I should get one for my researches. There have actually been studies conducted for the following:
- Faraway Objects Are Tougher to See (No shit sherlock!)
- Swallowing More Than One Magnet is Dangerous (because magnets are so delicious..right!)
- Smoking Cigarettes Costs You Money (you don't say!!)
- Time Flies When You're Busy (Fly away by Lenny Kravitz anyone?)
- Combining Drugs and Alcohol is Bad For You (does this mean taking it individually is alright?)
- Gun-Toting Drivers are More Prone to Road Rage (who would have guessed that happening!!)
- Memory and Concentration Fade With Age (what were talking about again??????????)

So the next time someone close to you says something stupid, don't discount it as being stupid as you never know, there could be money made from it!

No comments :

Post a Comment