Monday, February 20, 2012

Back to the Future.....Advice

The internet is full of entertainment, full of mystery, full of things which you come across and it makes you wonder. Yeah, this is going to be a change from my usual ramblings, where I drift off on a tangent....wait that might still happen, I can't guarantee that, but this might make more sense to most of us than my other pieces do, which may or may not entertain you if you really come here for the ramblings.
So any how, a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a podcast posted on twitter (which is awesome if you want to keep blabbering without anyone judging you...its like screaming out in the dark with no fear of who's listening) and I usually don't listen to podcasts which are not music related but somehow the topic interested me, it piqued my curiosity and it was refreshingly fresh to listen to it. The topic was letters and I really wanted to hear out what the content was for letters have always been something which have intrigued me, the whole emotions when you receive it to the reading of it to reading it once more is just something which we have lost over the years, and then there it was, the most intriguing part of the podcast, where you write to a younger you and give some advice.

So it got me thinking (yes this is my space and mostly everything is about me!), why are blue M&Ms not that common and I don't really like the yellow ones, wait that is not what we were talking about....why did the chicken cross the road? No, I am just playing with you, what it really got me thinking was what would I write to the 20 year old me, what would my advice to the younger me be? I have always believed that every thing we do is an experience, something which makes us stronger, shapes our character and hopefully in the process makes us a bit wiser (going by this blog am sure that is doubtful). So then, what would I say.....it would definitely be that keep doing what you are doing, that don't give up on anything, your work, your life, your relationships, that there are going to be ups and downs but giving up should not be an option. I would tell my younger self that things change, people come and people go and that holding on to thoughts might not be such a good idea but hey I think that is something the younger me has to learn by experience. I would tell him not to stop believing in hope, even though the current me gets sceptical about a lot of things, that somehow things will fall in place. I am bit unsure of miracles happening now, but I might add it just to keep the hope up, I mean the kid has to look forward to things. The last thing I would tell the younger me is that don't be afraid to live life, that go out and do whatever it is that you feel like as life has to be experienced at its fullest.

The blog I am talking about is written by Reena Mumbai and has many interesting entries and can be found at http://www.reena.me/. The mentioned podcast http://www.reena.me/2012/01/mumbai-talkies-podcast-episode-1.html.

I know this is a slight deviation from my regular ramblings but it was an idea that kept resounding in my head to not write about. I do promise to get back to my random ramblings soon. In the meantime, please do share your views on what you would write to your younger self and what you feel about the whole thing. Till next time....keep smiling! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment