Monday, November 2, 2015

The Wandering Mind

So I woke up this morning at 5:30 and that was partly due to Daylight Savings kicking in and ruining my already volatile sleeping habit but then at some point during the point where I was trying to go back to sleep and contemplating things, as you do when you wake up at these weird hours, and my mind wandered off to a series of things happening on social media. I have tried to keep my time on Facebook at the minimum these days because if it is not inundated with game requests, there's always someone feeling mighty ticked off about something or the other and while it actually does not bother me much, I have started to notice that there seems to be a lot of polarization going on which I try and ignore because as most mother's almost all across the world have taught their children at one point or the other that if you cannot say a good thing about someone, do not say anything (I am guilty of breaking this rule only when it gets to the right wing idiots, stupid extremist bigots and false nationalists who have done nothing good for their nations...and there I go again but I do believe that exception is valid).
Now I do realise it is the internet and there is no stopping anyone and for most parts it is a free world where people have free speech. The first time that notion hit you was when you first saw the comments section of any website. Yes that is when you knew when given an opportunity some section of the human race will bear their inner most animal out and use the choicest words ever. Heck, I have seen two random strangers fighting on a YouTube video over something inane and it basically was a refresher course in swearing.
Any how the way things stand today or the way it seems it does, is either you stand with one section or automatically get associated with the other, there isn't that little space where you are just in your own corner judging everyone for being so judgmental...you just aren't give that choice.
So what is my point here, well my point is that whatever happens, don't take things for granted even if it means breaking that polite etiquette mum taught us but the most important point is that Daylight Saving still is irrelevant and all its good for is messing up your body clock and making the next 6 months of your evenings a depressing mess and that if you do wake up at 5:30 am, probably do some breathing exercise to go back to sleep rather than think about random things. 

1 comment :

  1. i guess the takeaway is that Daylight saving rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete