Thursday, December 1, 2011

Flash Mobs - A Bollywood Initiation?

So I have to admit it, I love flash mobs - the one where a group of people starting dancing at random places all of a random that is....what were you thinking?? There's something about flash mobs that fascinates me.......its all planned but its very abrupt and if there is anything it's worth, it would be the whole good feel factor. I mean imagine a meeting place in your city, there's chaos with people just bustling around with their heads down and a mean stride and all of a sudden there is music and dancing....and the crowd just stops, the moment holds on and there's chaos but not like before and behold, the best of it has not come as yet, no, the best part is when the smile on your face appears from nowhere, at the least expected moment and your legs start moving more by instinct than your will. If you ever look at any of the videos, and there are many posted on YouTube, the one thing you would notice is that everyone seems to be having a good time whether or not they are dancing. There is a vibe so strong you can't help but feel it even while sitting in your living room watching the clip. A friend of mine after watching a clip I recently shared commented that flash mobs must have surely originated in India looking as how in every movie whenever someone starts to sing a crowd appears out of nowhere and all of sudden there's a massive group of people singing and dancing. When I read it, I could only smile as having been raised on Bollywood movies (not that my parent's didn't provide me food, one look at me would make that misconception go away!) I can surely relate to the whole experience and I have to admit sometimes while walking down a street with my music playing on the iPod, I do wonder that if I bust into a song would the people around me suddenly stop and start dancing, would they know all the dance moves I do, which might a be pretty easy ask as I couldn't really dance myself. So the next time, while walking down a street you suddenly see someone rush past you and break into a gig, grab the opportunity....shake a leg, move those hips, throw your arms but most importantly enjoy and relish the experience with a big smile! :)

 P.S: I do NOT plan on suddenly dancing while walking down the street however curious I get about others following, so that is one laugh you are surely going to lose out on, but I will make it up in other ways....I always do.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment